Congratulations on the successful completion of your studies at Northwestern Polytechnic University during the Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 trimesters!
You are cordially invited to attend your 2018/2019 Graduation Ceremony being held on Sunday, June 9, 2019 from 8:00AM - Noon in the NPU Courtyard between the East and West Buildings.
Students who wish to discuss the availability of services for people with physical disabilities or temporary disabilities, or who wish to report barrier problems, should contact the Director of Counseling and Career Services.
Location of the 2018/2019 Graduation Ceremony:
Between East and West Building
117 Fourier Ave, Fremont, CA 94539
Available for pick-up in the Administration Building: April 22, 2019 – May 24, 2019
Pickup days and hours: Monday through Friday: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Graduation Cap and Gown Reservations & Fees
You will need to submit an online request to reserve and pay for your cap and gown.
Submit your request for graduation caps and gowns through your NPU Student portal via: My Request > Non-Academic > Graduation Cap and Gown
On the day of the cap and gown pick-up, please come prepared with your student I.D.
Undergraduate - $30
Graduate - $50 (includes your masters degree hood)
If you would like to invite your parents who live in another country to attend the NPU graduation ceremony, please submit the request through your NPU Student Portal via: My Requests > Non-Academic > Invitation Letter You (or a person authorized by you) can collect your invitation letter from the administration building during office hours.
First and foremost, this is a day to have fun and celebrate!
With that in mind, NPU wants to ensure the ceremony is enjoyable for all of our graduates, family members and honored guests and we ask that you respectfully consider the following:
- The ceremony will include speeches from the Administration, a student speaker, and a guest speaker followed by the highlight of the ceremony, “awarding degrees”.
- We suggest all participating graduates arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the start of the graduation ceremony.
- Upon arrival, NPU staff members will assist you with seating arrangements and answering any questions you may have.
- We ask that you look for your program flag and remain with the program because we will have a procession of graduates who enter following the President and faculty members
- Please remain with your section for the duration of the ceremony.
- The degrees will be announced by program; therefore, it is important that you be seated in the correct section.
- All students are expected to adhere to a minimum business casual dress code for the graduation ceremony. Absolutely no hats, tennis shoes, sneakers, jeans, t-shirts, or the like will be allowed. We request that you arrive dressed in your cap and gown.
- Due to limited seating, invitations are restricted to two guests per graduate.
- In order for the ceremony to be conducted as scheduled, it is important that you inform your relatives and friends to arrive on time and to remain seated during the entire ceremony.
- All graduates will be expected to follow the instructions given by the Master of Ceremonies on that day.
- Name cards will be provided for each graduate. These name cards will be used to announce your name. Please make sure to print your name as clearly as possible, with the correct phonetic pronunciation, and in the manner in which you wish your name to be announced. For example, if your full name is John David Jason Doe, but you wish your name to be announced David Doe, indicate that specifically on the name card.
- Although the graduation ceremony is a joyful event, graduates should remember to abide by graduation decorum and remain quiet throughout the entire ceremony, especially during the times our guest speakers take the stage.
- No official diplomas will be given to the graduates during the ceremony. You will receive an email 3-4 weeks after your last trimester at NPU to collect your official diploma.
Professional photographers from GradImages will be present on the day of the ceremony to capture two pictures of each graduate. After the ceremony is complete, you can place your order with GradImages through their website at www.gradimages.com. The faculty and staff will remain at the ceremonial site for you or your guests to take pictures once the ceremony is complete. To avoid disruption we request that no pictures are taken during the ceremony by relatives or friends. We will provide everyone an opportunity to take pictures with the president, faculty and administrative staff at the end of the ceremony.
Free parking will be available on campus during graduation day. NPU staff members will be on campus assisting with parking to ensure you arrive at the ceremony in plenty of time to get seated and enjoy the day.
Please contact our Student Services Team at email@example.com if you have any questions.